City Views, France, Paris, Palais de l'Institut de France
Copper engraving by Sanry after Jean Chaufourier (1679-1757)
Published 1755. From "Histoire de la Ville de Paris" by Michel Felibien (1655-1719).
Published by Chereau, Rue St. Jacques, Paris.
Original antique print
The image is clean with a strong imprint. Vertical centerfold.
In the lower right are the initials "yal" written by hand.
A small part of the right image is missing. It has been professionally repaired by adding a strip of old paper ca 2cm wide. The upper margin has been reinforced on the upper edge.
Light creasing in lower left margin.
Image: 23 x 47.5 cm (9 x 18.7")
The Collège des Quatre-Nations ("College of the Four Nations"), also known as the Collège Mazarin
Jean le Rond d'Alembert (1717–1783), Henri Louis Cain (1728–1778), Jacques-Louis David (1748–1825), Julien Louis Geoffroy (1743–1814), Antoine-Laurent Lavoisier (1743–1794), Adrien-Marie Legendre (1752–1833).
Institut de France. It has since become known as the Palais de l'Institut de France.